If you watch my stories on Instagram, you'll know I had a heck of a time getting these Vegan Egg Nog cookies just right. I thought I could just whip up a recipe but this one really gave me a run for my money. My friend Tom in the UK really pulled through on helping me figure this out. Go give him a follow for the best baking (@projectveganbaking)
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 vegan egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup soy milk or Vegan egg nog
- Nutmeg and sugar for sprinkling on top.
1. Cream together room temp vegan butter and sugar.
2. Prepare flax egg. Leave for 5 minutes to thicken.
3. sift together the remaining dry ingredients.
4. Mix “eggnog/liquid” with the flax egg and then add that to the butter and sugar.
5. Pour the dry ingredients into the butter mix and work together gently. Don’t over mix.
6. Chill dough for 30mins - ImportaNt step!
7. Roll into balls, sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
Serve with the homemade vegan egg nog that I created with Born to Shake. I released the recipe to my email list. If you sign up now, you'll get links to the past recipes. I send out free weekly recipes every monday morning! Sign up here.